Sunday, February 12, 2006

mourning "arrested development"


I love TV. I adore TV. I watch hours and hours of it a week. It inevitably is the basis for most of my conversations. It amuses me, surprises me, makes me laugh, cry, yell, and want to buy useless things. Last Friday, a moment came, and I feel I must write about this moment. "Arrested Development" came to an end. We are (fortunately) in the middle of a great TV time in America. "Arrested Development" was the best there was. This show was hilarious, horrifying, smart, challenging. I actually only started watching it last season. After the first two random second season episodes I had seen, I ran out and bought season one on DVD. It was that funny. The Bluth family is as dysfunctional as any family could be. This ensemble cast was so brilliant....each actor brought so much to each role. It is the kind of show where you would be cringing in horror and embarrassment one moment, and the next you would have tears running down your face because you were laughing so hard. I loved this show, and the two-hour finale on Friday was no exception. So, it is with sadness that I bid a very fond farewell to the best television show. I will miss it.

But this blog isn't totally without hope! We are in the midst of great TV! It is all around us, and all you have to do is look. For the best medical dramas, make sure to check out "Grey's Anatomy" and "House". If you are looking for comedy...you must see "Scrubs" and "Family Guy". For hour long drama, make sure to see "Gilmore Girls", "Bones" and "Lost". Also, another great show is "Veronica Mars" which is a very funny drama about a high school detective. So, just because we are losing the best show on TV [sob!], that doesn't mean there aren't other great shows out there. The moral of the story is.....the only thing that matters are the commercials.

photo credit: www.foxtv.it/upload

1 Comments:

Blogger Geoff said...

And of course West Wing. No, hang on....oh.

5:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home