Saturday, February 11, 2006

a very sweet romantic comedy


I love Valentine's Day....well no, not really, for many, many reasons. However, being a single woman, living in New York City with a cat, [sigh, sigh, bigger sigh], I am a sucker for a great romantic comedy. And, I have found this V-day's winning flick. "Something New" is about Kenya, a black woman who has it all, career, money, family, but no man. Enter white landscaper Brian.....let me emphasize white. "Something New" isn't a new story....interracial couples are not new, but this is a sweet romantic comedy, that is seriously funny, and not afraid to confront the race issue straight on. I laughed, I sighed, blushed during the dirty parts, and ate my popcorn with a grin. The leads are fabulous, and Donald Faison from "Scrubs" is hilarious as the "player" brother. Whether you are a couple or a single [sigh], you should check out this great romantic movie. (Best part: if you're single, it helps you remember that maybe there is love out there....instead of making you want to slit your wrists!)

Final thoughts: Run to the theatre, and enjoy the romance! Happy Valentine's Day!

photo credit: www.movieweb.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home