Saturday, January 28, 2006

i see gay people.....walking around like regular people


A perfect Saturday in New York.....it was 56 degrees out today. As I threw on my capri sweatpants and sweater shawl, I knew it would be a good day. I went down and saw the film "Imagine Me and You"...a new film about a woman who meets her soulmate, another woman, who happens to be the florist at her wedding to a man. I know it sounds slightly ridiculous, but I actually adored this film. Reason number one: Matthew Goode. He is my current British love. He is on a roll right now with his fabulous turn in "Match Point", and now in this film. I remember when I saw him in "Chasing Liberty" twice in the theatre...um, I mean, just once in the theatre, and I definitely don't own it on DVD....Absolutely not. Anyway, Piper Perabo (OU alum! Yeah Robin!) plays our heroine who has settled into a life of domestic bliss with the before mentioned Matthew Goode. Then, she meets this girl, Lena Headey (soon to appear opposite Gerard Butler in "300". Yeah Gerry!) Suddenly, the life she has settled into isn't enough. I found this to be a contemporary love story with likeable characters, and the hard truth. What do you do when you find something better? Is it better to give it up because you care about the person you love? Or do you go balls out after what your heart really wants? The truth is there is no easy answer. Someone gets hurt no matter what you do.

Bonus: If you are a "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" fan, Anthony Head (Giles) is brilliant/hilarious as Piper's father.

Final thoughts: If you are a hopeless romantic, bring some kleenex and this is one to see in the theatre. If not, could be a fun rental some weekend.

photo credit: www.imdb.com

1 Comments:

Blogger redbird said...

I must admit I saw Chasing Liberty and didn't think it was that bad. 'First Daughter' with Katie Holmes was far worse. Choice Dialogue: "You know how you make a tissue dance? Put a little boogie in it." Brilliant words from Mrs. Tom Cruise.

This reminds me of that time in 1995 when you and I saw "The Phantom" in the theater at least 5 times. :-)

2:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home