Tuesday, February 07, 2006

what i did this weekend in ohio


Ah.....going home to Ohio is always what my soul craves, and this weekend, I got to give into the craving and returned to good ole' Remington Road. The reason....Baby Boy Slack's baby shower. A lovely affair, I stood around and touched Angie's stomach as much as I could without her decking me, and ate enough cake to put me in a 36 hour sugar coma. The best kind of party. I know that many of you have been following the saga of Baby Boy Slack, and how tough it has been on poor Angie and Jon. Well, a miracle happened, and suddenly, Baby Boy Slack is back on track for a full-term pregnancy! Angie had a doctor's visit and she is back at work, off bed rest, and scrambling to find natural childbirth classes. Needless to say, we are all thrilled. Angie looked gorgeous this weekend.....tummy so big, and she definitely has the pregnancy glow about her. I had a brief moment with my brother....short enough that we actually hugged each other rather than beat one another into a bloody pulp. He he. I can so take him out.
I actually arrived home Thursday night. We promptly picked up Greek food, and headed to the house. On Friday, I got to catch up with a CATCO friend who is getting married soon (HA! Another reason to head home! I can't wait!), and we talked movies and life. Friday night, we had the best pizza in the world, Bexley Pizza Plus. So good. I can't even tell you. We also watched "Office Space" which is a must-see. That movie is hilarious, and if you have ever worked in an office will speak to your soul. Saturday....the party, then home to avoid the nasty storm coming through. The parents and I watched "Monk", a great show on the USA network about an obsessive-compulsive detective. It is as bizarre as it sounds. Then, on Sunday, we skipped church (lousy sinners), visited by Grandmother, hit the mall (bought sweatsuits - hooray!), and then took in "Good Night and Good Luck". Still a fabulous movie that my father said he would like to own someday. There is honestly no higher recommendation than that. We had planned to go to a fancy dinner...but would you believe that the restaurant (Cap City Diner) was closed for the Superbowl? So, off for Chinese food and then home for the commercials.
All in all, it was an amazing weekend.

Favorite Superbowl commercial: Had to be the Budweiser Magic Fridge one.
Favorite weekend quote: "People are stupid. They should be shot." -Carolyn Slack

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home