Monday, May 08, 2006

impossible....i loved it!


Okay...I have to say that I was going into "Mission Impossible III" a little prejudiced because I think that Tom Cruise has become really creepy, and I don't want to become a Scientologist! Anyway, all I have to say is that I LOVED this movie! Directed by J.J. Abrahms, this film is like the ultimate episode of "Alias". I was exhausted by the time it was over.....and totally revved up from all the action! I guess I have to say that it was a "perfect" NYC night for me. My partner-in-crime and I met up at the theatre (it was the most gorgeous Saturday) and saw a 5pm flick. It was sold out, and had an excited audience that wanted to be entertained. Tom Cruise is fabulous! He is charming, adorable, and can run like a mad man. He is Tom Cruise "Top Gun" style. The supporting cast is full of interesting and good actors. It includes recent Oscar winner Phillip Seymour Hoffmann being creepy and fabulous, the adorable Billy Crudup ("Almost Famous" anyone? anyone?), Jonathan Rhys-Meyers, Ving Rhames, and Keri Russell (sniff....I miss "Felicity"!). The tension is crazy....and I found myself so invested in the story...but that is what J.J. Abrahms does best. An interesting story with amazing stunts, funny moments, and really disturbing torture. As a long-time "Alias" fan and "Lost" fan, I knew he would pull it off....but it was better than I ever imagined. Then, after the movie, Richard and I went to Chipotle and picked up burritos. Plus, while we were there, we got coupons for a free burrito!! The day just got better and better!

Final thoughts: The perfect way to start off summer movie season. Grab a popcorn, ice-cold coke, and make a night of it!!

photo credit: www.movieweb.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home