Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Christ has died! take a long weekend....


The second reason that I will burn in hell forever is that sentence that I just wrote. I am sure my father is looking at this and wondering where he went wrong. To him, I say: YOU'LL NEVER KNOW! He! Anyway, I digress....Joy of joys! Last Friday my boss decided to close the office after a long couple of weeks of events. So, I got a second long weekend in a row which meant lots of fun. First, on Friday, Richard the roommate and I went and saw "Hairspray". Originally we were going to see my friend Lindsay who was going on for the role of Penny which she understudies, but sadly she was not in the show last night, so instead we saw Diana DeGarmo. (The girl who saved my UW event by stepping in four days before the event when my original talent backed out. That was when my blood pressure when up the first 20 points during that event.) So, bright and early Friday morning we went down and got our standing room tickets. Then, we parted ways, and I headed to the movies of course! Friday morning/early afternoon (11:50am?) I took in "Friends With Money". I loved this movie. It has four amazing actresses who are all wonderful. Frances McDormand is so amazing. She is compelling, annoying, hilarious, depressing, and crazy. Basically a woman through and through. All of the actresses were great, the script was crisp and funny, and the supporting men were great too. All in all, a great film and great cinematic experience.

Final thoughts: A great movie about women, friends, and how it all comes together.

After the movie, I headed home and met up with Richard. (I did some other stuff, but it's not very interesting.) We then headed down to the theatre. "Hairspray" is a great show. Fun music, great energy, and actually very funny and witty. Diana DeGarmo was great...as was the rest of the cast.

Final thoughts: A fun Broadway musical, and with $20 standing room tickets, you can't go wrong.

On Saturday, I went and did something that I am not particularly proud of. I mean, I am not totally ashamed...but please don't judge me. I went and saw "Scary Movie 4". It totally cracked me up! First of all, I adore Craig Bierko! He is an actor that I learned about when he played Harold Hill in the revival of "The Music Man" and I have been following his career ever since. He did last year have a big part in "Cinderella Man" but got most of his press because Russell Crowe hated him since they both dated Meg Ryan. (Lucky girl.) Anyway, it was low-brow, crude, dirty humor, and somehow that just fit the bill. It was a nice way to spend the afternoon.

Final thoughts: If you have doubts....don't go and see it. If you think the preview looks hilarious, you should go and check it out.

Final, final thoughts: Ah, another weekend in New York. Easter was nice...hope that everyone also had a lovely weekend, and are having as nice weather as we are having right now.

photo credit: http://www.dachshundpages.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home