Wednesday, April 12, 2006

moments of reflection in new york city


Although I am always annoyed by something in New York City, whether it be idiot tourists, stinky trash, or the MTA, the truth is, there is no place like it. I have had some incredible moments these last few days, and it could only happen in New York. As most of you know, I am an event planner. Last night, we had one of our biggest events which is the Yankees Homecoming Dinner. It is a fundraiser for the New York Yankees Foundation that takes place after the opening home game. So, last night, I went and did my job which included standing at an entrance and directing people, standing and directing at a different entrance, and then helping with seating issues. So glamorous sounding I know. Then, after I had dealt with the last seating issue (NEVER sit at a table that you are not assigned to....just don't) I went to stand by the entrance to the ballroom. In that room was the entire Yankees team. I recognized some of the players like Randy Johnson and Derek Jeter (he really is an attractive guy, but not as big as I thought he was going to be), but truthfully I didn't recognize very many players. I do know that Don Mattingly was there but I didn't see him. That was my brother's favorite player growing up, and I just wish I could have gotten an autograph or something for him. Anyway, I digress....I stood there in that room with the entire New York Yankees team standing next to me and just had to stop and breathe for a minute. Moments like that are once in a lifetime. I love New York. Go Yankees!

Photo credit: my cell phone...that is the team sitting on the stage.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lanii Be Good said...

"Derek Jeter (he really is an attractive guy, but not as big as I thought he was going to be)"

Well, deary. You ARE Beth the Tall!!


deary? I sound like your grandma.

6:44 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home