Saturday, March 18, 2006

no....thank you for smoking!

Every once in a while, you see a movie that is satiric, dark, morbid, and abso-freaking-lutely hilarious. I had that today. I went and took in "Thank You For Smoking" at Loews 68th Street. First of all, the theatre was full, and it was an audience that was ready to enjoy themselves. I love that about NYC movies. The freaks are there to have a good time. Yeah freaks! So, this movie...where to start. It centers on the always amazing Aaron Eckhart as a pro-tobacco lobbyist. He does his thing, and man is he good at it. Every week he meets his friends, David Koechner (pro-gun lobbyist) and Maria Bello (pro-alcohol).[Bonus: Maria Bello is currently filming with Gerard Butler...one of my ultimate faves!] Sorry, I digress. Unfortunately, tobacco is losing the battle...and they need new spin to get back in the game. I don't want to give too much away here in case you go and check it out. Trust me...it is hilarious, biting, painful, and fabulous. How can you not love a movie with the following quotes?

"The state of Vermont will not apologize for it's cheese!"
OR
"I'm sure both of you warrant vigilante justice."

Final thoughts: Run, don't walk, to this movie. Hilarious. Who knew smoking was so funny?

photo credit: www.movieweb.com
photo credit: www.gerardbutler.net

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home