Sunday, March 12, 2006

the perfect saturday in new york


It's a Saturday in March in New York City, and the high today is 65 degrees. So, I throw on some capri pants, and head downtown to see a movie. (I don't do sun.) Anyway, the film was "Failure to Launch",and sadly, although it eventually launched, there were some delays, and my luggage was lost. The truth is, it had everything that a fun romantic comedy needs....attractive man and woman in contrived situation that will ultimately divide them, but they will eventually overcome and find true love with one another. The thing is, I am not sure how you would ever forgive someone for doing these things to you. Matthew McConoghajkgh (no clue how to spell his name, and too lazy to google....don't judge me!) plays this guy who still lives with his parents. When he is ready to break up with any girl he is dating, he brings them home to meet his parents (Kathy Bates and Terry Bradshaw. Hm.) Enter the always fabulous Sarah Jessica Parker who is a personal motivator who helps lure men away from their parents homes by teasing them with the possibility of sex. So, she is hired and the hijinks ensue. Matthew Mchaiueaopgnf's friends are played by Bradley Cooper (quite possibly the love of my life, formerly of "Alias") and this kid called Justin who is quite cute, and apparently played the handicapped kid in "Gigli" (mom, a movie I haven't seen). Her friend is played by Zooey Deschanel. So, I am going to spoil a little bit....so don't read if you plan to watch and want to be surprised......Surprise! Matthew Mcaejkanpj finds out that Sarah Jessica was hired by his parents, and is incredibly hurt, and asks why they just didn't ask him to move out. I would be pissed. Having someone that you end up really caring for turn out to be a non-sex giving hooker? Um, I would grab my bear and lobster, and run away for the hills, never to trust again. Well, that is me....somehow things work out, and they all live happily ever after. It was fine...I mean, I don't go to romantic comedies to watch real life unfold. That's why I go to indies. There is nice eye candy.....I am glad that there was a sort of nautical theme so that the gentleman could prance about half naked. Movie-making at it's best. But I digress. The true highlight of the day for me was walking up through Times Square eating my coldstone ice cream! I scream, you scream, we all scream for ice cream!!

Final thought: Isn't the worst thing I've seen, and some likeable characters. Fun to watch if you believe in suspending your disbelief.

photo credit: www.eonline.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home