Sunday, February 26, 2006

eric bana finally gets what he deserves....


And by that comment, I mean an amazing movie. This afternoon, I went and took in the film "Munich". It is brilliant, moving, terrifying, sad, exhilarating...the feelings and responses I had go on and on. The key of this movie is the unbelievable performance of Eric Bana. I have always admired his amazing work in not so amazing movies. "The Hulk" which was a major flop, I admit it was weird and didn't work, but he was amazing. Then came "Troy", which was meant to be Brad Pitt's glory role. Well, I walked out of that movie thinking how good Mr. Bana was, and how awful Mr. Pitt looked next to him. He is great. (Random side note: I am so looking forward to seeing him in his new movie about gambling with Drew Barrymore!) Anyway,"Munich" tells the story of the agents who retaliated for the killings of the Israeli Olympians who were taken hostage and eventually murdered. Mr. Bana leads the team (including the always fabulous Ciaran Hinds, and the new 007 Daniel Craig) as they go about systematically assassinating the 11 terrorists behind the Olympic plot. What follows is two and a half hours of on-the-edge of your seat bloodlust, horror, redemption. It's hard to explain. It's a movie to see and reflect on. Yes, these murders are in retaliation for the athlete's deaths, but those deaths were in retaliation for some other crime. It is circle of blame and death that there is no end to, that we are still living today. Kudos to Steven Spielberg for an affecting, powerful film that I am still running in my head hours later.

Final thought: A worthy Oscar nomination for best film that you should definitely check out.

photo credit: www.movieweb.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home