Saturday, March 18, 2006

don't judge me!


After seeing the fabulous "Thank You For Smoking", I wandered into another movie. (I acknowledge that this is wrong, and children...don't do it!) Anyway, I saw a movie that many will most likely mock me for seeing. The thing is, I adore teeny bopper movies, and don't think they are stupid crap. I know that the many people I took "The Prince and Me" to will judge....but please don't! The movie was good fun for the whole family. I saw "She's the Man" starring Amanda Bynes. I admit that this film will most likely not receive any nominations for Oscars, or even People Choice Awards, but I totally enjoyed it. I thought it was funny, and silly, and quite frankly, the most attractive person ever might be in it.
The movie is mildly based on "Twelfth Night". Viola wants to play soccer. However, her high school cancels the women's program, and through a series of plot points she ends up going to her brother's new boarding school masquerading as her twin. She falls in love with her roommate (most attractive boy ever), the roommate loves Olivia, and Olivia loves Viola pretending to be Sebastian. I love David Cross who appears as the school principal...a creepy man who wants to bond with his students. Bonus points for Julie Hagerty (I love "Airplane"!) who shows up as the mom. All in all, if you like attractive young men running around playing soccer this is the movie for you!

Final thoughts: Not really worth paying for....but fun to watch. And seriously, it has what might be the most attractive person ever in it.

photo credit: www.movieweb.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home