Friday, April 07, 2006

circle of life


I honestly thought my next entry on my blog would be about how I managed to pull together my first event that I planned as the lead on an account. I had 800 guests at the Waldorf=Astoria, and raised over a million dollars for the United Way of New York City...but somehow my brother has again managed to steal my thunder. Today, life as I know it has changed. I have become an aunt. I am now that CRAZY aunt that lives in New York City. Wyatt Evan was born at 6:45pm, and weighed in at 6 pounds and 2 ounces, and is 20 inches long. He did not cry...but instead had his eyes open and was passed around to everyone in the family apparently looking around and trying to take it all in. My nephew is gorgeous. I am devastated not to be in Ohio with my family during this...well........miracle, and I am now counting down the hours until I go home and meet the newest Slack. The line is continuing. The Slacks are continuing. Today, my parents became grandparents, and my brother became a father. I am no longer going to be the center of attention. I am so depressed. I guess the lesson here is that my brother will never let me win.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lanii Be Good said...

I already said congrats about the kiddy in the email so

CONGRATULATIONS ON THE EVENT!!! You're getting a lot of good experience for your future as my PA....you know, when we finally figure out how to get out of the Matrix and into the real world where we'll all be heroes......*gut wrenching sobs of grief*

9:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home