Saturday, September 09, 2006

another reason to love nyc


So last night I am walking from the bank to Chipotle to pick up a burrito, (sidenote: I love Chipotle! Even though it is owned by McDonalds, it is very yummy and everyone should have at least one of their burritos at least once) and I arbitrarily chose to walk down a certain street. This street just happened to have a poster shop. What are the odds? Anyway, for some time I have been looking for this particular Kate Winslet poster from "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind". By the by, if you haven't seen this movie, you need to run and not walk to Blockbuster and rent it as soon as possible! It is strange, sad, hilarious, and both Ms. Winslet and Jim Carrey are phenomenal! Anyway, I stopped in, they had it, they had the special 27x41 poster frame, and it is now hanging on my wall. I love that about New York. Pretty much around every corner is something that you have been looking for, dreaming about, wondering about, or need to see to restore your faith in life. I am not saying that finding this poster restored my faith in life, but it is something that I can look at and it makes me smile. And in the end, sometimes that is enough.

photo credit: www.movieweb.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home