Saturday, September 09, 2006

last weekend


Last weekend was a great weekend - back in the hometown. The Bucks won (pictures are coming....my father the photographer took some great ones), I saw my nephew, the singing caused no one to throw up on my shoes, and I saw a fun movie. All in all, it was fabulous and terribly exhausting. The parents and I checked out a movie called "The Illusionist" starring Edward Norton and Jessica Biel. It was so much fun. Edward Norton plays and illusionist (shock me, shock me) who is in love with Jessica Biel when they are both children. They are separated because he is poor, she is not, and they go on their merry ways. Years later, Norton hits her town to do a show, and the spark is there. How can they extricate her from the evil Prince who is her fiancee? It's a movie of good actors (kudos to JBiel for rising about "7th Heaven"), love, drama, magic, and period costumes. Did the movie change my life? No. However, it was diverting, interesting, and a good experience. It was such a pleasant way to spend the early evening. It also brought to light how truly fascinating Edward Norton is. He is a major actor, who lives this seemingly simple life. He takes interesting, diverse parts, and does a ton of charity work. He is also tall. All of those things make him someone I would love to just sit down with and chat about life with. Anyway, this movie is fun, and all three of us liked it which is saying a lot.

Final thoughts: A fun movie that will give you something to talk about at dinner afterwards.

photo credit: www.movieweb.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home