Wednesday, September 13, 2006

word of the day


Mathlete.

I have been renting the DVD of the cancelled television show "Freaks and Geeks" which is absolutely wonderful. This show is about a group of kids going to high school in 1980 in Michigan. The main girl used to be a mathlete....or one who competes in math competitions. This word makes me giggle every time I hear it. If you haven't seen the show, it should go on your list of things to see. It is painful, awkward, hilarious, sweet, bittersweet, and fun. Also, it only had one season, and is considered one of the best shows on TV that was prematurely cancelled. Everyone, your goal today is to use the word mathlete in a sentence.

My sentence: Although it seems like I might have been a mathlete in high school, the sad truth is I just wasn't that smart.

Photo credit: www.mst3kinfo.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home