Wednesday, October 25, 2006

i heart youtube

Every once in a while, I find myself getting terribly upset over something silly and inconsequential. I found this happening as the third person asked me what I had thought of Kate Winslet's appearance on INSIDE THE ACTOR'S STUDIO which had been re-aired on Bravo last week. First, I don't have the Bravo network. I only have the cable package that is one up from the bottom. Second, I had never seen this. INSIDE THE ACTOR'S STUDIO is a great show, and usually so full of great information (straight from the horse's mouth), and the episodes aren't ever for sale. So, I started to get worked up about this, and youtube came to the rescue. Youtube is full of so much crap, it is hard to even explain. Basically, anyone can have an account and post what they want. This consists of everything from TV shows, to bootleg videos from concerts, to creepy people recreating their favorite moment from the Broadway musical WICKED. It is awesome. Anyway, I typed in Kate Winslet, and lo and behold, her episode had been posted in 14 parts. So, there I sat, happily watching them all. It was a great episode.

Youtube bonus....while I was in high school, I saw an amazing video which was the making of MISS SAIGON, and the search for the actress who would play Kim. It is an interesting video...which I had been unable to find since. Lo and behold, I did a search for Lea Salonga...and there it was in ten parts on youtube!!

photo credit: www.discoverkate.com
photo credit: www.youtube.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home