Sunday, October 15, 2006

revisiting childhood


This weekend, I decided to do something fun, different, and venture back to the joys of being a youth. A friend from work and I headed out to the Bronx Zoo. It was such an amazing day. I love the zoo. I know that many think it is cruel to cage the animals...and I don't want to jump into that discussion...it was just amazing to see creatures that are bizarre, fascinating, scary, and beautiful. My favorite "see" of the day was the polar bear. Polar bears are my favorite animal in the whole wide world. I like them for many reasons...including that they are cute, and they are the only known predator of man. I think that is freaky! You're like looking at the bear...oh, it's cute...and then it will eat you for no reason. I know morbid....but frankly, I have never claimed to be susie sunshine. (Just saying.) They had a HUGE gorilla exhibit in which there were two babies and many adults. It was fascinating to watch them interact with one another, sit and watch the humans watching them, and see how the mothers interact with the babies. I know that I am a Christian and stuff....but sometimes, those gorillas are just a little TOO people-like...or maybe we are all a little gorilla-like? I liked this picture that I took. What is he/she(?) thinking about? Is it an escape plan...or wondering how far his poop would go if he/she(?) threw it? Who knows....wait...I wonder how far my...oh, never mind.

Final thoughts: Zoos are fun.

photo credit: ME!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home