Sunday, October 15, 2006

my roommate is the COOLEST person I know...


Richard, my partner-in-crime and roommate has found himself at the top of the cool list. As you all know, I LOVE Kate Winslet with an unnatural passion. Anyway, we went to see LITTLE CHILDREN last weekend to scope out if Richard (as an extra) made the cut of the film. I'll be damned if he didn't run across the scene!! He has been in a major motion picture, and with Kate Winslet to boot! I am so happy for him, and I hope that this is the beginning of a long, successful career!

The movie itself was really interesting, and so well-made. Kate is of course perfect, and Patrick Wilson is fabulous as the "prom-king". What surprised me the most about the movie was it was actually quite funny. I found myself laughing out loud several times, and you don't expect that in a film about a pedophile and two people having an affair outside of their marriage. I am not sure that Kate will get the Oscar nomination, but she gives a compelling, layered, interesting performance, and I found myself incredibly moved by her, and the film. This movie is not for everyone....but if you like a psychological drama, and like Todd Field (director of IN THE BEDROOM), you should definitely check it out.

Final Thoughts: Kate once again proves that she is one of the best working actors today...plus, don't miss Richard running by the pool!!

photo credit: www.movieweb.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home