Saturday, October 21, 2006

quote of the day


"Let us all hope we are preceded in this world by a love story."

Today I saw a beautiful, simple Indie film called SWEET LAND. Set in flashbacks, this film tells the story of a Norwegian immigrant living in Minnesota and his mail-order bride from Germany. The quote above was the tag line (for lack of a better word) of the film. I don't know why, but it affects me profoundly. It makes me think of my parents, and their love story, which is still going on. I know that I am lucky. Not many people can say that their parents are the most inspirational love story they have known. But my parents...they are a beautiful thing to behold. I remember as a kid, I was horrified when they would do things like hold hands in public, or kiss each other in the morning. Now, I see those moments, and I pray to
G-d that I can have half of the passion, respect, and joy that they seem to have with one another. May we all be so lucky. So, this movie tells a simple story, about a simple time (the 1940's), in a farm community. This is not a movie for contemporary audiences. However, if you are a romantic, and don't mind returning to a simple, slower time, this movie is a real treat.

Final thoughts: A simple love story that speaks to the heart.

photo credit: www.sweetlandmovie.com

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home